We've just moved to Server 2008 R2, and I have setup folder redirection for our users using group policy.
All folders redirect and work as expected:
- users My documents are redirected.
- users can create and delete folders and documents within redirected folders.
- users can only access their own redirected folders
- Administrators can access users redirected folders
The issue i'm having is moving the users backed-up documents from our old server into the newly redirected folders. When I copy or move the files, the files do not get the expected users inherited permissions, and the user cannot access them.
Now I know I can re-apply the permissions on each users redirected folder after copying the files, but this will be a pain to do for every user.
My folder that contains the redirected folders has the following permissions:
- Everyone - Full Control
- Creator Ownder - Full Control - Subfolders and Files only
- SYSTEM - Full Control - This Folder, subfolders and files
- Administrators - Full Control - This Folder, subfolders and files
- Users - Special - This Folder only
The Users permissions are
- Traverse folder / execute file
- List folder /read data
- Read attributes
- Read extended attributes
- create folders / append data
- read permissions