I've ran into a strange issue. Our domain admin accounts, for some odd reason, aren't seeing certain files. It was mainly on three workstations that were off the network for a while for hardware repairs and were rejoined.
The three workstations are running 7 SP1. The respective Domain controllers that were used as logon servers are running 2008r2 x2, a 2008sp1, and 2003sp2. The domain is a 2003 level.
When they were first rejoined to the domain, there were authentication issues. So they were rejoined under three new computer accounts with new names.
Now it seems Domain and Enterprise Admins are having an issue where if they create a symlink(requires local admin privileged) or move a file into an (local) admin privileged folder, the newly created file is cannot be seen from File explorer.
But if we open a command prompt, the file shows up on the directory listing. . .
I've been looking into the problem all day, digging through the event logs on the three workstations and the respective logon servers they connect to each time.
I've tried auditing the accounts as the logon for failures, but I'm not 100% sure I'm covering all the bases. I thought it was an open and shut case as the accounts were being logged in before the network adapter was fully initialized, thus GPO errors would show up. But after logging off and logging in again, no dice. A full reboot does the trick though.