I am in charge of deciding which database to use for a big government project with:
- 100 Million records (estimated in one big table)
- Availability and data reliability is paramount.
- Performance not as important as availability and reliability.
- Table structure pretty flat with some 20-30 tables.
- SQL queries more or less straightforward with no complex joins.
- Cost reduction is an important factor.
- Number of users in the range 100-200 (at the same time).
- must chose between clustering (2 servers) or server redundancy (two everything in one box)
- All servers will be equipped with RAID/SAS hard drives and multi-core dual CPUs
- Can hire appropriate DB admin according to RDBMS choice
Is mySQL mature enough to handle this kind of configuration?