I am in the process of designing and building a documentation and password storage point with the following ingredients:
- Suffice from service outages
- Automatic backups
- Keeping security and simplicity in mind -- maybe integrating it with yubikey
- Remotely accessed
I have already checked the following:
But none really answers to my question.
- How are you organizing your office/services/passwords?
- How do you access this service and what happens when this service is down ?
My idea is to build:
- 2 small local server with mediawiki or a wiki variant that supports yubikey, accessed by a stepping stone via SSH.
- Automatic sync of data between the two servers. --I guess it's possible.
I would like to hear your opinions, obstacles and bad experiences that you had/have with a similar implementation.