Our uses randomly get a solid blue screen (desktop background colored blue, not BSOD) when logging into our 2008 Terminal Server. There is no TaskBar, no desktop icons, CTRL+ALT+Delete doesn't work, and no mouse events occur. The only way to end the session is to restart their terminal, or for someone to login as an admin and end their session.
I have discovered that logging in as an admin and ending the process
net.exe that is running under that user's profile will end the blue screen and load the users session.
net.exe, and why is it randomly giving my users a solid blue screen when they login?
Here's what I know:
- Server is Windows Server 2008
- Server is a virtual server
- Disabled our group policy on our test account and the same thing still happens
- Happens about 1 in every 4 logins
- Nothing out of ordinary gets logged in the event viewer