We've been using a GeoTrust SSL certificate, for some time now, and I just got a call that Internet Explorer warns its users that our certificate is not trusted. I really have no clue what's going on.
We're using nginx 1.0.5, I've installed the certificate along with the GeoTrust intermediary and it works absolutely fine in Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome, etc.
- It's not trusted (self-signed)
- The domain name doesn't match.
What is going on?
A few details on our setup: We're running a Rails app with nginx + unicorn (as rack server), nginx as reverse proxy to unicorn, and serving static assets.
We have basically three virtual hosts:
- production - containing of a http and a https virtual host
- staging - exact copy of production, but on another subdomain, and different SSL cert (self-signed)
- a 'rewrite' virtual host - one which rewrites all of our domains to 'www.kayoom.com'