We are a rapidly growing startup in our 3rd financial year. As we are expanding our resources (read team members) we feel the need to decide what is best
We are about 5-6 people expanding to 10-15 What is suggested?
- Individual laptops to everyone on network (quite a regular solution)
- Central server with login for each team member (keyboard + mouse + display)
- We use MacOSX + Windows + Linux at different machines/projects for our products and services
- All MacOSX machines so far are pro laptops. They need to seamlessly connect
- All desktops (so far) are MS-windows + Linux dual-boot
- We need a stable backup management (currently using physically attached disk with each computer)
- We need security and safety of data (client + ours)
What are the most significant factors to consider?
- safety & security?
Any help here would be appreciated.
Update (22-Sep-2011): Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. We decided to just add a few more desktops in the existing network and keep using the google, skype, other collaboration techniques we have been using.