I recently got a request from my boss, essentially he needs this:
Clients will send email to a firstname.lastname@example.org,
a. Dispatch emails from clients to agents according to some rule, like:
- Forward emails from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward emails containing word "cat" to email@example.com
- Forward emails which subject contain some word to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward any email to agentN@example.com to agentN@example.com
- agents can send internal emails to each other
- Keep an copy of all incoming and outgoing emails on the mail server
b. While hiding the email address of clients. i.e. agent1, agent2, agent3 have no idea where the emails coming from(can only see email@example.com). Where they can simply reply to the email then the reply will be forwarded to the right client, masking agents' emails address, so the clients only see the email is coming from firstname.lastname@example.org
Then he need some content filtering of the incoming and outgoing emails, best using regex, to replace or delete certain contents in emails. Say some email contain a SIN number then it will be replaced with "***".
I would imaging it will be possible using some certain kinds of mail server? or some email "proxy"? I tried some keywords like "email routing" "email proxy" and "mail server" on google but didn't find anything do what boss want. Please give me some pointer on what softwares to look at.