I am a noob system admin and here is my case:
- I have a web application (example.com) installed on dedicated server. This application sends emails to clients successfully.
- I created a Google Business Mail "@example.com"
- I changed the MX records from my domain manager to point to Google Business Mail
- Now I can send and receive emails successfully from other mail services (hotmail, yahoo).
- When the application tries to send email to "@example.com" it fails.
I think it might be because the application server has the "example.com" domain defined in "hosts" file or something. So probably it directs the mail to itself.
How can I solve it, if possible.
Output of using telnet to send email (http://thedaneshproject.com/posts/send-mail-through-smtp-using-telnet/)
RCPT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org 250 Accepted DATA 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself Test info . 250 OK id=1RAPpZ-0005Kr-PO