I've setup a a pre-production ESXi server and I'd like to do some load testing on the guest operating systems I have on it.
Specificly what I'm interested in is
- Disk access, will the guest OS's be fighting for disk access, read & write
- Processor use & sharing between the guest OS's
- Memory use & sharing between the guest OS's
- Load on an SQL server within a Guest OS
- Load on an Exchange server within a Guest OS
I'm pretty new to load testing like this so I really don't even know what to ask?
I'd like to be able vary the options, so I can show at 1000 exchange users we need another Exchange VM created sort of thing.
Are they any standard bench marks?