It seems that none of the GPOs for the Computer OU are being applied in our domain. When I run gpresult, the User GPOs are applied without problems, but with the computer GPOs, it says "could not obtain the name of a domain controller."
This is strange because non-local user GPOs are being applied and work without problem.
Our Server is 2008 R2, and we have 2 labs of Win7 desktops.
I gathered some logs from event viewer from what should be a sufficient sample of desktops. Almost all of the errors on the machines are GP errors. The following repeat frequently and comprise the bulk of all errors (source is Group Policy unless otherwise noted):
- 1054: Could not obtain name of a domain controller
- 7006: Periodic policy processing failed
- 7017: LDAP call to connect and bind failed after xxx ms
- 7320: Failed to register for connectivity
- 7326: Group Policy failed to discover DC in xxx ms
- 5719: Computer not able to set up a secure session w/ DC (source: NETLOGON)
Finally, regarding 1054, I checked the preferred DNS for the desktops and they are pointed to our server. There are no DNS errors on the server or any of the desktops.
Any ideas on how to fix this or troubleshoot this further?