I haven't done this for quite a while, but I'm actually going to go through the process of evaluating various issue trackers.
Starting with these requirements:
- needs to be customizable (custom fields, custom workflows)
- email & web gateways
- metadata manipulation via email (e.g. close via email, etc...)
- email notifications (on demand)
- ability to assign default "watcher(s)" for new issues
- support for issue classification (categories, projects, ..)
- issue relationships (sub issues, linked issues, duplicate issues, merge issues)
- AD integration
- Security (for example, only allow users to see their own issues)
- CLI interface (i don't care, but others will suggest it)
What requirements am I missing here?