Hello guys I hope that you are well with everything that matters to you including health, family, finance and everything else. We are having a big project that initially includes
• Active Directory migration to new hardware and upgrades from Windows 2003 to 2008 • Exchange server, migrating to new hardware upgrade from 2003 to 2010 and implementation redundant system. • Migration of ISA 2006 firewall and upgrade to Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG).
Client currently has these servers
- 2x Active Directory including these services WSUS, DHCP, DNS
- 1x Exchange Server 2003
- 2x SQL Servers
- 2x File Servers
- 1x ISA Server 2006
- 1x Web Server
The current platform is in Windows Server 2003. On this project is planned to migrate and upgrade
- 2x Active Directory including these services WSUS, DHCP, DNS from windows 2003 - 2008
- 2x Exchange Server 2003 migrate to 2010
- 2x SQL Servers
- 2x File Servers extend capacity
- 1x TMG
- 1x Web Server Operating systems must be upgraded to Windows Server 2008.
The new hardware that client requests the project to be implemented in is
Four 4 x Dell PowerEdge R710 with this configuration
Processor - 2 x Processor Intel Xeon E5620 (2.40GHz, 12Mb Cache, 5.86 GT/s QPI, 80W TDP, Turbo, HT, 4 Cores) Memory - 32GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (8x4GB Dual Ranked LV RDIMMs) RAID Connectivity C4 - RAID 5 for PERC H700, Min. 3 Max. 8 Drives Hard Drive 6 x 300GB SAS 6Gbps 10k 2.5" HD Hot Plug Network Card Two Dual-Port Embedded Broadcom NetXtreme II 5709c Gigabit Ethernet Controller with 4P TOE
I know that this information is not enough to make the decisions but the client does not give further information for the current platform
My questions are: Is this hardware enough? Can you propose a system diagram or something like that how system infrastructure should look? Also if you can describe the best practices for the migration and update of the current server to new servers. Any additional information is appriciated. Sorry if I bothered you in any form. Best Regards.