I have passenger fronted by Apache. Am trying to have digest authentication for my URLs selectively. I have the following scenario.
- Location / needs to be digest authenticated under realm Foo
- Location /a does not need to be authenticated
- Location /a/b needs to be digest authenticated under realm Bar
This is my config (more or less):
<Location /> AuthName Foo AuthType Digest AuthDigestDomain / AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/foo_digest.users require valid-user </Location> <Location /a > Allow from all Satisfy Any </Location> <Location /a/b > AuthName Bar AuthType Digest AuthDigestDomain /a/b AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/bar_digest.users require valid-user <Location>
Here is the outcome:
- Location / is under digest authentication Foo
- Location /a is not under any authentication
- Location /a/b is also not under any authentication
Am fairly new to this. What am I doing wrong?