I'm new to microsoft search server 2008 express. Installed it on Windows server 2003 and it works like a charm... But only from an session that is logged onto the server itself!
I added a "demo" user to my windows server. I then added this demo user with read only permission to the MSSE.
When I launch the search from the server it uses this url: myServer/default.aspx.
When I try to connect from a remote computer (through IE9 or Firefox) I use: myServer.hostingDomain.com/default.aspx
I can see the search page but I can't actually USE it: I got "unexpected error message" page displayed. Wether I use admin or demo account makes no difference!