This question already has an answer here:
I've got installed a VisualSVN in a Windows Server 2003 (it has just a drive C: with 10GB)
I'm planning to backup a VisualSVN server in this way:
- Make a disk image with Ghost or some other software of my Windows Server 2003.
- Every night make a copy of the whole folder: 'C:\Repositories'
- If I upgrade VisualSVN version, I should make again other disk image.
In case of disaster recovery, in order to restore server, I would only need to:
- Restore Ghost image in a new server
- Paste folder 'C:\Repositories' from backup to new server
My question are:
- Would it work?
- Is 'C:\Repositories' the only folder that I have to backup? Do I have to backup any other thing?