I'm planning to deploy eclipse to approximation 30 workstations running Ubuntu and would like to avoid a long list of settings/downloads that everyone needs to go through before they can start working.
The type of things I want to do:
- Install some plugins (e.g. CDT, Subversive, nothing exotic)
- Configure a default codestyle
- Perhaps setting up some default remote hosts in RSE
My feeling is that I should be able to do this by simply:
- Configure an instance on my machine.
- Do some magic thing that removes the binding to my environment (paths etc.).
- Tar it up and distribute.
The problem is that I do not know what the magic is and can't find it.