I want to migrate from my current mail server (old_server) for my domain mydomain.com. old_server setup is Postfix+LDAP+Cyrus.
Now I want to migrate my domain mail to Zimbra server (zimbra), but I am considering option to leave current mail server working in the first phase, and then to only have subset of email addresses to be forwarded to zimbra server. It seems that zimbra refers this in their documentation as 'edge MTA'.
mydomain.com MX: old_server <---------- smtp send ----------> smtp receive
mydomain.com MX: old_server zimbra <------------------------------------------- smtp send ----------> smtp receive ---- forward ----> smtp receive
I need following:
- old_server to receive mail for my domain as before, but for some of the email addresses I want them to be delivered to zimbra server. I should be able to determine which email addresses will be forwarded.
- I would like to avoid possible false spam detections for mails from mydomain.com due to this setup.
- How should I configure postfix on old_server to support this mail forwarding?
- To avoid false spam detection, can I have outgoing mail from mydomain.com to be sent by zimbra or should I use old_server?
- Is there anything extra I would need to do in order to avoid possibility of my outgoing mails being marked as spam on other servers?
Additional info with some obfuscation (postconf -n):
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes command_directory = /usr/sbin config_directory = /etc/postfix content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024 daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix debug_peer_level = 10 html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.4.5-documentation/html local_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias mail_owner = postfix mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix manpage_directory = /usr/share/man message_size_limit = 16777216 mydestination = $mydomain, mail.$mydomain, mydomain = mydomain.com myhostname = mail.mydomain.com mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 212.XX.XXX.XX/28 myorigin = $mydomain newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases.postfix queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.4.5-documentation/readme recipient_delimiter = + sample_directory = /etc/postfix sender_canonical_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapalias.cf sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix setgid_group = postdrop smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes smtpd_sasl_local_domain = smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous smtpd_sender_login_maps = ldap:ldapvirtual smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/tls/certs/mailserver.pem smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/tls/certs/mailserver.pem smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1 smtpd_tls_received_header = yes smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s smtpd_use_tls = yes tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550 virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldapvirtual.cf hash:/etc/postfix/virtual_alias