Because DynDNS stopped offering a specific domain name, my customer had to change this. This will end up in changing the server settings at all.
- Mac Mini Server with MacOS Server 10.6.8
- The services AFP, SMB, Calendar, Addressbook, Kerberos are configured and running
- Some domain users are configured
- Existing DNS name of the server is server.degkro.homedns.org
- The new DNS name will be server.degkro.dyndns-home.com
I know that for some parts I have to use scutil, but I'm not sure, if this does change every occurrence of the old DNS name to the new DNS name. How about Kerberos? Isn't it that way, that I have to shutdown Kerberos, to be able to change the Realm and LDP Search Base but then also all Domain Users will be deleted?
What I'm searching for is a Step-by-Step description to have a error-free change of DNS entries for all services on the server.