I have one physical server that runs:
- an Apache (httpd) server
- another web server (let's say Tomcat for sake of argument) on port 1234
Can I configure the Apache server to act as a proxy for SSL traffic, while keeping the application server blissfully unaware of SSL?
What I imagine is:
- Traffic to http://myserevr.com/app is redirected to https://myserver.com/app
- Traffic to https://myserver.com/app is proxied to the application server.
- My SSL certificate is only installed on the Apache server, not on the Application server
- Other traffic to the Apache server (http://myserver.com/anotherapp) is served directly from the Apache server
What's the best setup to achieve this? (On Ubuntu, if that matters)