Can you help me with my software licensing question?
I'm currently comparing Windows Server 2008 versions to see what to use.
What i found is this, that might affect me:
- RAM: 32GB. (the same)
- Sockets: 4 (the same)
- Remote Desktop: 2 (the same)
- IIS: true (the same)
- Application Server: Only standard.
I will run my server as a single CPU (4 core) 8GB RAM, 2x raid1 web-server running:
- .Net 4
- Third part mail server. (Only for sending mail from my web-application)
- SQL Server Express (My data is not more then 10 GB)
- Some minor applications for import and export of data.
I might use external load balancer if I install a second machine in the future.
My question is if you see any reason for me to go for standard that is 4 x price compared to web.