does anyone offer a fault-tolerant (replicated) memcache solution that is hosted in amazon ec2, needs zero maintenance and works with providing just one IP?
I know that amazon offers ElastiCache. But it is still quite low level and has some disadvantages:
- it needs maintenance (e.g. define count of instances, manage IP addresses etc.)
- it doesn't do replication (I am aware of client librarys that do this. But this is not as safe as a server side solution)
- it does not work with one provided IP address
- currently not offered in EU West (Ireland) (but I am sure this will come)
- currenty only beat (will change in the future)
I dream of a hosted service that gives me one IP adresse and "just works, always".