I'm having a rather strange problem with exim mailq command (or the equivalent exim -bp or exim -bpc). My mail queue is empty, yet it takes around 1 minute (or more) for the command to return...
$ time mailq real 0m50.803s user 0m0.040s sys 0m0.040s time exim4 -bpc 0 real 1m24.697s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.300s
I tried to check a few things:
- nothing special in /var/log/exim4/mainlog; paniclog is empty
- Nothing blocked on firewall
- /etc/resolv.conf seems ok, name resolution works fine
- /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname and /etc/mailname all seem fine (correct name/ip)
- Nothing special in /var/log/syslog or /var/log/messages or /var/log/kern.log
Does anyone have some similar experience or any other suggestions where the problem might be?