Is it expected?
- Windows 2008 R2 Storage Server SP1, 6GB physical RAM, 18 GB Paging file
- Running 12 hours of Perfmon collection with low sample interval
- After some time, Commit charge reaches the limit , windows screams and all sort of issues follow, caused by memory shortage.
- additionally errors "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation." appear in the eventlog.
- Eventually memory is released
This does not make sense to me.Should Perfmon even be allowed to consume all memory? Disk error message does not make it easier to decipher either.