Unfortunately, I've lost any windows knowledge (if i ever had any)...
We have to mount an nfs export to be served from a few IIS domUs.
Our "developers" wrote this beautiful "thing" that runs on .net... therefore leaving me no choice but to learn IIS, and redirect a portion of the website via:
Netscalers -> Apache -> <Proxy balancer://iis2008> #i hate the fucking holidays BalancerMember http://iis2008ptc1:80 BalancerMember http://iis2008ptc2:80 BalancerMember http://iis2008stc1:80 BalancerMember http://iis2008stc2:80 </Proxy>
Life was fine until I touched IIS/NFS.
- IIS simply refuses to serve .asp files from an NFS UNC.
- I am able to serve simple .html pages (whew).
- So, I am thinking IIS is trying to write to the export in order to compile the ugly .net code. Also, I am not able to tweak things like the DirectoryIndex , since its not able to write to web.config on nfs
- If someone could please shine a light on how to fix this?
- The forums are full of people trying to play games, the irc channel on freenode is a joke (literally), and the google searches are coming back with ... not much
- I've spent the whole day working on this, instead I could have been writing my puppet modules.
No, I can not change to cifs... however, am thinking to either rsync... or a nasty svn export trigger straight from svn.
XOXO, thanks for help!