I hope some really cool experts can share their knowledge with me.
We have a dedicated server to host our online store
- Runs SQL 2005
- No uploading by web viewers, strictly to sell goods
- Server hosts a secure payment page for credit card processing. We don't store card data
- Subsequently, Server needs to be PCI-compliant
- No mail server function or FTP
- Server not connected to any other servers or PC
- Do I need anti-virus, firewall or other software?
- If yes, can anyone recommend one?
- How do I backup server?
- In addition, I have a programmer who has user account in the server. How do I setup security policy so that he does not take away company data in database? He tweaks DB code every now and then.
Thanks a lot for the time and for every kind soul who attempted to answer these questions. Merry Christmas