- test website created in IIS server manager
- basic settings/connect as: Application user
- authentication/anonymous authentication/edit: application pool identity
- physical path has "IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool" read and execute, list folder contents and read permissions (plus administrators/system with inherited full control)
- contains a single file, index.html (plus generated web.config with the above settings)
- HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
- Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
- how do I make it work with app identity? (got it to work using using iusr both under anonymous auth and with rx permission on the physical folder)
- am I doing it wrong or this is indeed the best practice as most resources I've found seem to suggest?
I'd also really appreciate any good tutorials on the "basics" of IIS 7.5 - I have been unable to find answers to this specific questions on learn.iis.net and several other sites and generally found the resources available there very fragmented.