A HP TX1000 Series laptop PC is unresponsive to the power-on event. What was a previously working machine, the LCD display panel suddenly switched off while the machine was in normal operation.
When the machine is switched on now, the machine displays these behaviors:
- all LEDs glowing as usual
- CPU exhaust fan works
- DVD activity LED works. DVD eject works.
- LCD panel DOES NOT work.
- NO HDD rotation sound.
- Power switch works (switch on and off).
- no activity on the external display.
- the Nvidia GPU produces heat.
Upon opening the machine, there are no indications of burns.
Question: any hints on the cause of this problem, or any steps to remedy this?