I'm looking for product recommendations for a wired router/firewall for a Medium sized company. We have a couple of 48 port GbE switches, so all I need is the router/firewall to connect to our transport (100Mbps ethernet). We have two or three consumer-level WiFi APs and are considering consolidating them into a different topology although that's neither here nor there.
Have used the NetGear Pro line in the past.
- DHCP/router for ~50 devices
- Basic firewall (nothing fancy, just provide some inbound attack protection)
- Can support up to 100Mbps to the WAN (we've got 80Mbps now, burstable to 100Mbps)
Nice to have:
- Supports teaming for failover
- WLAN built-in, or can operate within same vendor's WLAN ecosystem
- Expandable as our network continues to grow, or at least some sort of upgrade path to bigger networks