I'm looking for tools that will work on either Linux/Unix or Windows Server that for a given set of servers in an enterprise environent, will:
- Identify the server [via hostname, or some other unique attribute]
- List the the number & type of CPUs + cores
- Enumerate the storage devices used by the server
- Provide CPU and storage utilization data
- Provide load, network & storage I/O metrics
The goal is to gather accurate metrics about the current environment that will drive the design of an equivelent environment virtually or in the IaaS cloud [e.g AWS].
I found a couple of options so far:
Some of this data can be gathered directly from the OS but I rather use a tool that has that functionality and presents the data in an easy to understand manner. Does VMWare provide any tools for this? Other suggestions?