Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

So I have filed for a SSL EV cert. I believe I filled it out correctly however I am having doubts about the "Jurisdiction registration number" .

I assumed it was the Corporations EIN (Employment Identification Number, I'm in the US).

Is that right? (I'm hoping I don't have to go register somewhere else... again).

Also someone should probably create the tag ssl-certificate-ev (I don't have the rep for it.)

share|improve this question
You are paying a (presumably large) sum of money for this SSL certificate, yes? Have you contacted the CA and asked what they want you to put in this particular box? :-) – voretaq7 Feb 3 '12 at 21:46
Embarrisingly I used godaddy of which I try to avoid calling if I can. – Adam Gent Feb 4 '12 at 0:33
up vote 6 down vote accepted

I believe that's the state registration number for your Corporation in the state your Corporation is registered in, not the EIN (which IIRC, is a Federal number). I remember this because we had some trouble with that number ourselves.

share|improve this answer
This is what our SSL vendor wanted. Your mileage may vary - consult your SSL vendor for specific instructions. – voretaq7 Feb 3 '12 at 21:46
This is what I've used in the past. – Doug Feb 3 '12 at 22:24

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.