I have an Active Directory Domain with a Windows 2003 Standard SP2 Server as the DC. When trying to join an additional Windows 2003 Standard SP2 server to the domain I get message "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain 'My Domain'. The RPC Server is unavailable.
- The computer is actually added to the Active Directory Computers. I can even right-click and Manage it.
- I can access file shares from the DC on the other server and vice versa.
- I can ping the DC from this server and ping the server from the DC using the computer name.
- The time on both server is the same more or less to the second.
- RPC service is running on both servers.
- I can join other computers to the domain and there are no other issues with the domain.
- Windows Firewall disabled on both computers.
NetSetup.LOG shows: NetpSetNetloginDomainCache: DSEnumerateDomainTrustsW failed 0x6ba I looked up this WIN32 Error Code: It is RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE.