- A server with 2008 R2 Standard.
- 16 GB RAM in use for Hyper-V and OS, very low activity.
- A separate RAID 5 for files, on it 500gb files (1.5 gb/file about)
- A process on another machine reading 8 files at the same time. The only process using this raid.
- Memory goes up, caching.
- System starts swapping, 1800 pages per second, C/V disc (first RAID) are slow with swapping (only)
- Effective data rate is an astonighing 6 megabyte per second.
What can I do?
The disc can deliver more - at the start they pull 100 megabytes. Only once the swapping starts it gets nasty.
Is that a known issue? Any fix around? I see no reason for windows to cache so much it has to start sawpping.