This is a longshot, because this issue seems over-reported and unanswered on the internet (see references below), but it is about time this issue is permanently solved.
- Server: Windows Server 2008, acting as a file server
- Client: OS X Lion 10.7.3.
- Method of connecting: directly via IP through Finder:
- The initial connection attempt takes about a minute.
- After the connection is made, it takes one more minute to show the directories in Finder.
- After navigating to any other directory, it takes several seconds/minutes to parse the directory, seemingly based on the size of the contents.
- Actually, my entire Finder has this problem after connecting. When using Finder to show my desktop, it can literally take up to a minute to load.
Obviously, this is not right. I have no clue how to fix this and would appreciate any help I can get. I am unsure about other relevant information I can provide, but if there is any, please let me know so I can update the post.
I seem to be not the only one having this problem: