My machine is running Windows 7 Ultimate. Here's what I've done (successfully) so far:
- Installed IIS 7.5 with PHP over FastCGI
- Got it working! When I go to http://localhost/index.php , my PHP scripts run fine.
- Ran ipconfig to find out that my local IP address is 192.168.1.102. I confirmed that http://192.168.1.102/index.php functions exactly like the localhost address above.
- Went into my router administration (I have a Linksys WRT54G2) and set up port forwarding on port 80 to 192.168.1.102. Now port 80 is forwarding to my machine.
- Set up an inbound rule in Windows Firewall to allow all activity on port 80.
- Found out what my outside IP address is from Google. Let's call it XXX.XX.XX.XX.
However, when I try to go to http://XXX.XX.XX.XX/index.php from my own machine, or from a computer far away and not on my network, either way... I get nothing. It tries to connect for awhile (unsuccessfully) but eventually just gives up.
Here's what I'm wondering:
- What am I missing? What did I forget/overlook? How do I get this working and accessible outside my own local network?
- Assuming I do get this working, how can I then use a port other than port 80? What changes would I need to make (e.g. IIS, Windows Firewall, router administration, etc.) in order to make that possible?
Thanks very much in advance!