My application is testing devices connectivity using ping
ICMP functionality. It is working fine for all devices except for a particular device that is CISCO wireless controller. I am not able to ping the device.
I am able to ping the device through command prompt, but when I debug my application I found that I am able to send ping but not able to receive from the device. After doing further analysis I found that
select() function is returning 0.
Also I have got Wireshark captures and found that the packets I am sending have correct
ICMP checksums but the
ICMP echo reply packets have incorrect checksum. It seems due to the packets being discarded.
Please suggest how to resolve the issue and also is there any way to disable
ICMP checksum check.