Please assist me in how I design my active directory hierarchy based on the following.
- We have a corporate office where there 8-10 departments and 200+ <250 users are present.
- We have two factories and one site office in different geographical locations. They all are connected via VPN.
- In our factory there is an average of 150 users and in the site office there are 30/35 users.
- Currently we are planning to implement AD in our head office only. But we must consider the future development in our factory and site office.
- All our PCs are Windows XP and few of them are Win7 we are slowly migrating to Win7
- We have Windows 2003 Server.
- Should I create multiple domains for each department?
- Is it good to create DNS in the same Server where AD installed?
- Do we need to buy physical servers for each location?
- What design considerations should I keep in mind when we implement AD in other locations?
- Is it a good Idea to use a high configure PC as a server? Or should I buy a Server for this purpose?
*4. I want to say that: for now we will implement AD in our head office. So, what designing matter should I consider now for future implementation?
- Thanks. Shahidul
I am querying a lot....... :)