We have a clustered storage server that contains many project files like Corel, Indesign, Edius, Adobe Premiere, etc.. Also it has lots of image, audio and video files. We are using sharepoint and FAST Search for indexing these network shares. But sharepoint or fast crawls only certain file types. I'm not looking for a search engine that indexes these file types which is impossible. I looking for a search engine that led the users can tag these files. So if someone search a keyword, a file tagged with this keyword can be in the search results.
In breif, I'm looking for a search engine with these features:
- Indexing and crawling network shares(especially DFS and SMB).
- Web based search GUI.
- Users can tag the files and also the folders in the network share, and users can search in the tags.
- Security trimming; if someone hasn't permission to read the share, he/she can't see the file/folder in the search result
- Browsing file share in web based file manager for tagging or seeing the preview.
- Image, video preview in the search result; not so important but good to have.
- Farm based architecture(clustered on multiple servers for crawling); not important but good to have.
Sharepoint and fast search server supports these features except tagging and browsing network shares.