I would like to kindly ask if there's someone who can help me configure Varnish for Magento to reach far more hits. My current ratio from varnishstat is:
I'm kindly asking this because I've googled almost every site related to this theme, but 99.9% of configurations don't work because of outdated code.
Details of my set-up:
- I use Varnish on port 80, Apache on port 81,
- PageCache as Magento varnish module,
- APC for PHP speed and Memcached for dynamic caching.
- Load speed is about 1.5s on home-page (Pingdom.com average results) > USA ping & 2.5s > Europe.
- Servers are located in Toronto, Canada.
This is my full VCL configuration > http://pastebin.com/885BzHCs (I just use xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for my IPs) This is the info from the command (varnishtop -i TxHeader -I Cookie):
TxHeader Cookie: frontend=965b5...(*lots of numbers); adminhtml=3ae65...(*lots of numbers); EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE=1
"(*lots of numbers)" is just my adding to the info
Any idea how to avoid Varnish hitting this cookies? (If I got correctly the idea about avoiding Vanrish hitting the cookie and not caching the home page).
Thank you for any help!