I installed PHP 5.4 on Debian from source and I run php scripts on the PHP Built-in web server with new php features without any error but php scripts do not run with apache2 with new php features.
I did not understand the relationship between php and apache2 completely. So I have a few questions:
- I can run php scripts with the built-in php server, so is the built-in web server enough to serve php script without any web server such as apache or nginx ? (If you say no, please explain why. )
- How can I use PHP 5.4 with apache2 ?
- Why does apache2 not interpret new PHP features even though I installed PHP 5.4 ?
- Must I compile apache2 again? If so, why ?
- What is the relationship betwen apache2, mod_php module and php ?