- We have a new internet connection with Movistar.
- It is a 100/10 Mbit line.
- We want to use the TZ200 as our main router.
- The Fiber Optic router is a ONT I240
- The internet router that movistar supplies you with is a Irouter 1104w
We DO NOT want to use the "irouter 1104w". We want to use out router the Sonicwall TZ200.
Here is the configuration file of the "irouter 1104w".
Name: Internet Description: 6 VLAN tag:6 VLAN priority:1 NAT type: Symmetric Input route protocol: None Trigger: Always On Username: xxxx Password: xxxx AC name Service name Enable DNS override DMZ address Reset connection Enable connection: Yes
When setting up the PPPoe on the Sonicwall, there is no information about the VLAN stuff and it does not work. It tries then disconnects.
- Does anyone have any information regarding the above matter? Or better a solution
- Can/should I use all 3 routers (uff) - ONT I240 > Irouter 1104w > Sonicwall TZ200?
- If I were to do number 2, will this have an effect on the performance. Also to note I would then have 3 points of failure.
- I had spoken with the ISP (Movistar) and they have told me that I do not need the information regarding VLANs in the configuration, however I tested this theory by removing the VLAN setting (OEM Movistar Router) and leaving it blank. The internet did not work, therefor the VLAN information is very important!
- The Movistar router does not support bridge mode :(
- Today I went out an bought 3 Ethernet routers. (Cisco (E4200-EZ), ovislink (EVOw300AR) and sitecom 150N). Tried to setup PPPOE, none of them worked, there was no setting for VLAN that I could see
Some little success, if you want to call it that.
I have tried the 3 router setup - NT I240 > Irouter 1104w > Sonicwall TZ200. Following results by setting a static IP in the Sonicwall TZ200.
TEST CASE 1 NT I240 > Irouter 1104w
- Speednet.com (50.2Mbit / 5.01 Mbit)
- Download Vista SP1 (5.5MB a sec)
TEST CASE 2 NT I240 > Irouter 1104w > Sonicwall TZ200
- Speednet.com (10.1Mbit / 5.01 Mbit)
- Download Vista SP1 (1.7MB a sec)
As you can see from the above... Test case 2 is no acceptable. If anyone can help, pleas let me know. I will continue to search on.
Update 09/03/2012 even more
Ok, I think I am getting somewhere, I think. On another forum there is this message:
I use 802.1q tag, otherwise the ONT doesn't respond to any request.
Now the sonicwall TZ200 has 802.1q, it states (Enable 802.1q tagging).
If anyone has any knowledge of this. Please advise.
Update 09/03/2012 evening ( 28 hours no sleep)
Key Note to help
- For some unknown reason you need to have VLAN 6 ID in the frame header or the fiber optic router will not respond.
- Sonic wall level 2 engineers are baffled about about this, PPPOE with VLAN ID is a strange one, but I suggest you become aware of it because of FTTH.
- Not sure is 802.1p can do what we need.