I will be co locating my first web server and am currently weighing up software, which would you recommend based on my needs?
- I'm not a host - just run a handful of my own sites (so don't need reseller/billing features etc)
- Will need PHP & Ruby (Rails) and Mysql
- Probably Apache, but am open to Nginx
- Will need firewall/security built in
- Would prefer light-weight, if that means a more efficient/secure server
- Will need to be able to configure emails per domain
- Don't mind having to use command line to set things up such as email (tho a GUI would be nice)
- Will probably be using CentOS (but am open to suggestions)
All the usuals for a web server, such as FTP
Have used cPanel/WHM for over 5 years (and plex - which I don't like), but don't really need all the features of those.
Any suggestions? Anything I need to consider but I've missed? Thanks in advance.