I'm trying to grab some files off of a computer that no longer boots to OS.
On the SRCD computer:
- I put in SRCD, boot, and make sure that I can ping the other computer (say I set the IP to 192.168.0.50 and the hostname to sysresccd)
- I use ntfs-3g to mount the windows partition to /mnt/windows.
- I chmod the /mnt/windows partition to 777
- I edit /etc/samba/smb.conf.default and put in this:
path = /mnt/windows
public = yes
writable = yes
printable = no
browsable = yes
- I use passwd to change the root password to
- I start up smbd
On the Windows 7 computer:
- I go to Explorer, type in
\\192.168.0.50\publicand it comes up with a Windows Security dialog box
- I enter username
It keeps telling me that ‘The specified network password is not correct’
Is there a step that I'm missing?