I just installed a basic MAMP server (on a Macbook Air 11" running OSX Lion) with no settings changed except for some php.ini things like "memory", "file_upload", etc that are more script related.
- I use this local server for my own "web application" that I use ONLY locally, on my macbook air and only me ever needs to have access to it.
- My PHP script go online to fetch data from a couple of websites using
- I'm not using any antivirus software or any other security softwares of any type other than whatever comes standard with the Mac
So my questions are :
- is this secure?
- can someone from outside my private network (1) see my web application and (2) access it in any ways?
- is the fact of having MAMP running opening any security hole in a OSX Lion that I should be aware of?
- If I would install it in a WAMP (Windows 7) installation, using the same basic settings + Norton Antivirus, would that be safe?
Thanks a lot for enlighting me