Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

The closest google's getting me is this question here, but the answer (presumably "none, run a wire") is behind a paywall.

share|improve this question

If you want one that plugs into your router use this one.

I have this one and it is awesome. Easily 2.5x longer range and stronger signal. We use it to send Wi-Fi about 1/4 mile down a trail at my camp.

This one goes on the device receiving the signal instead of sending

I have no experience with this product, but I like the radio labs guys. Solid people there.

share|improve this answer
I'd like to be able to push my signal out to some other buildings on the property -- the first device looks like it'd work like a champ. I may have to try it even though it's only 'g' -- I don't see an 802.11n equivalent on their site. – Niniki Jul 7 '09 at 21:06
this is true, I would definalty put a call into the Radio labs guys and see what they say. They have always given me a money-back deal and I have taken them up on it when I got something that did not work the way I thought it would. There number is (877) 575-3700. – Matt Jul 7 '09 at 22:27
This might prove useful, its an 'n' mimo inline antenna amp for just a little more than the above product -> – drgncabe Jul 8 '09 at 13:51
I agree drgncabe, that does look like it might do what Niniki wants. On either the recieving, sending, or heck both ends if he feels like it. Nice find. – Matt Jul 8 '09 at 16:04

I use the one from linksys here. You can also get it at bestbuy. What router are you using though?

share|improve this answer
Appears to be 'g' not 'n' =x – Niniki Jul 7 '09 at 20:12

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.