I've taken the liberty to test both SCOM 2007 and Zenoss and found the following:
- Great MS Windows server monitoring and reporting
- In-depth configuration and easily integrates into a "MS datacenter"
- limited network device monitoring support (without 3rd party plugins)
- difficult learning curve
- Open Source (free)
- decent server monitoring for Windows, great monitoring for Linux
- decent network device monitoring
- not as in-depth as SCOM (for Windows at least)
So my question to you folks is this:
Given the above, and given that I'm trying to monitor 55 Windows servers, 1 Linux server, 2 ESX servers, and Juniper equipment...which would you recommend?