I have domain accounts that I have created as contacts in another trusted domain so that they can see them in their Exchange GAL.
I need a way to extract the phone number field from UserA (user account) in DomainA and import it into UserA (contact) in DomainB.
I get the logic, it's just the code (vbscript/powershell/whatever) that eludes me.
The logic as I see it:
- Connect to source AD (ou/subtree)
- Extract user accounts from OU and subcontainers including first name, last name, display name, and phone number
- Connect to target AD (ou/subtree)
- Verify/match contact with extract in #2 above based on display name
- Update phone field with phone number in extract
- Write log of success and failures
Anybody able to help?