One of my server has 2 PCI slots which has already plugged with 1GB Ethernet cards. I want to add two more 1GB NIC to this server. I've found on ebay this pci extender.
I want to ask, because I didn't use PCI Extender before. Does PCI extender cause performance lack on GB Ethernets? Will I able to get GB speed on these ethernets if I use PCI extender? Is one PCI slot able to run 3 ethernet cards at full performance?
Or is there any PCI extender on PCI-ex for performance? Or do I have to change motherboard to add more NICs?
The essence of the product's description:
- Expands PCI slots from 1 to 3.
- Installs PCI device at 90° angle to the riser card.
- Compliant with PCI 32bit 33Hz.
- One end is three PCI female and another end is one PCI male.
- CN1, CN2, CN3 & CN4 ports available for PCI slot 1 & 3. (CN1, CN2, CN3 & CN4 cables included)
- PCI slot 2 does not need to be configured. PCI slot 1 & 3 need to be connected to CN1, CN2 & CN3, CN4.