I recently started my own company as a freelance .NET developer. Being a developer, network infrastructure and topology isn't my strong suit. The hardware infrastructure I have available is drawn in the schema below. The question is where to install/host my needs?
So, my needs are:
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
- TFS 2010
- Sharepoint foundation
- Exchange server
Since I am new here, I apparently cannot add pictures to my post. So here is the link to the current topology: Topology
Available OS licenses:
- 1x Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- 1x Windows Server 2008 R2 Web
- 1x Windows Small Business Server 2011
- 1x Windows Home Server 2008
- Server 1: AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ / 6 GB DRR2
- Server 2: (need to buy, probable specs) Intel I7 2500 / 12 GB DDR3
The configuration I had in mind:
- Router: DHCP
- Server 1: Win2008 R2 Enterprise + Active Directory + DNS + File Server
- Server 2: Win2008 R2 Web + Sharepoint foundation + exchange + IIS + SQL Server + TFS 2010
The servers will receive a dedicated IP address from the router based on their MAC address. Hyper-V might also be an option on Server 1. But I have no idea about the load Hyper-V brings, nor the load of AD / DNS / File Server.
What do you guys think? Keeping in mind that there only are 2-3 actual users.