Preface: I have enough privileges to create GPOs in my OU, and have made a few of them for some simple tasks (like deploying a printer to certain users). Not actually a sysadmin...I'm a developer who is winging it.
I wanted to create a GPO that would set a mapped folder for a certain security group (which I recently created and that contains only myself). Did the following:
- Created the GPO in MyOU -> Users
- Removed the default Authenticted Users under Security Filtering
- Add the security group with my account to Security Filtering
- Set up the mapping via the User Configuration option
- Changed GPO Status to "Computer configuration settings disabled"
- Left WMI filtering to
Closed the GPO at this point...
- Logged in as the target user; ran gpupdate /force
- Logged out, logged in, ran gpresult /r, no mention of my GPO
- Logged in, re-ran gpupdate /force
- Logged out, logged in, ran gpresult /r, still no mention of my GPO
If I log in with another completely different user, their RSOP information shows that the new GPO is being ignored due to a security restriction, so it appears to be "working" for other users. I just can't get it to actually show up in RSOP for the user it should be working.
Is there anything else I can do short of rebooting endlessly and crossing my fingers?